In addition to our events and projects, various members of the PBTC spend countless volunteer hours advocating for the betterment of Pacific Beach with the San Diego City Council and other government agencies.
Here are some important community issues getting current attention:
- Short term vacation rentals
- Park curfews
- Off-leash dog areas and expanded hours for dogs in restricted areas.
- Bicycle theft and recovery: Talking with SDPD about resumption of the bait bike program. All bike owners are encouraged to register with this national bicycle database to document ownership and facilitate recovery in the event of theft.
- Vehicle habitation: This issue was successfully moved forward with new legislation, although enforcement varies due to the pandemic
- Mobility device regulation: PBTC took charge of evaluating corral locations in PB and making recommendations to the City.
- Rose Creek and the need for maintenance and services.
- Sidewalk vending: PBTC participated in drafting a new City ordinance and in pushing for docketing with City Council.