Various members of the Pacific Beach Town Council spend countless volunteer hours advocating for the betterment of Pacific Beach with the San Diego City Council and other government agencies.
Here are some important community issues getting current attention:
- Short term vacation rentals
- Park curfews: Drafting proposals, signature collection and successful implementation of a Fanuel Street Park curfew!
- Off-leash dog areas: Advocating for a dedicated area in Crown Point.
- Bicycle theft and recovery: Talking with SDPD about resumption of the bait bike program. All bike owners are encouraged to register with this national bicycle database to document ownership and facilitate recovery in the event of theft.
Issues in 2019
- Vehicle habitation: This issue was successfully moved forward with new legislation.
- Mobility device regulation: PBTC took charge of evaluating corral locations in PB and making recommendations to the City.
- Rose Creek and the need for maintenance and services.
- Sidewalk vending: Participation in drafting new City ordinances.